09 May 2007

Buber's I and thou

Tonight a group of us will be meeting to discuss Martin Buber's I and thou : Practicing living dialogue by Kenneth P. Kramer. Last night when I was re-reviewing it I was reminded of my reaction last October, before our first meeting was cancelled due to unexpected weather.

This morning early, the thought came to me. I had felt buried in the words describing it all. I drown in words and go straight to my head, loosing mindfulness. How could I strip away the words to get to the image?

Teshuvah
a return to mindfulness?
Mindfulness; a frame of reference
in the moment
the moment is all you have
the Blessing of the moment.

Squash the fragile with words or
smile when you see the butterfly wing its way off the flower
the moment

Teshuvah
return to mindfulness
mindfulness in relating to other
a form of prayer
discipline of focus
the energy in the exchange
in the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment