07 March 2010

Staying Healthy

My cousin used to talk with me about the difference between problems and annoyances. He spent a good amount of his time helping people sort out the difference, to get the world in perspective. At the end of the day, you do what you are able and then it is out of your hands.

So how does this relate to Staying Healthy?
 Years ago when we were too poor to afford much for groceries I figured out that I needed to learn about nutrition. The little we bought better keep us healthy. As a reasonably smart woman I had no excuse not to learn what I could.  Besides, I love learning about stuff.  This thread has wound it's way through my life over the years, through life's annoyances and the life threatening issues.

So here I sit in my chair with my laptop after a short walk with Buddy. Shoulder rehabilitation is slow and uncomfortable, well, yes painful. But an annoyance. Am I really doing everything I can myself to make this better?  What are the consequences I face for my sedentary nature? How can I motivate myself to do what I 'should' be doing... and exactly what is it that I'm not already doing?

I do our cooking and shopping. Is there anything about my current style that I could easily tweak to improve how I feel and enhance possibilities of relative pain free quality of life?

I realized it had been a long time since I had read Barry Sears descriptions of how what we eat translates to impacts on hormones in the body... and how all that ties into health (or ill health). Time to look at it all again. Re-reading:

Anti-Aging Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment